Scholarships offered through Webster's Vienna campus can only be applied to courses taken at the Vienna campus, and eligibility requirements vary according to the specific scholarship in question.
Students must apply for admission and be accepted to the Vienna campus before they can apply for Webster Vienna scholarships. Applicants should inform their admissions officer of their interest in scholarships during the admissions process so there is enough time for the scholarship application process.
- Eligibility: Only accepted students who have at least the equivalent GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0 on the American scale) and the appropriate English proficiency (above ESL-level) are eligible to apply if the starting date is the upcoming fall term. If you are not able to afford at least 50% of the tuition, please do not apply for a scholarship since all scholarship awards are up to a max of 50% of tuition. Transfer students from other universities are not eligible to apply.
- Application deadline: May 3, 2013 for the 2013-2014 academic year. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Decision: Upon receipt of the scholarship application with all supporting documentation, the scholarship committee will consider a student for each scholarship for which (s)he is eligible. All scholarships will be awarded by the scholarship committee on the basis of academic excellence and financial need. Students will be notified within one month.
Because students cannot apply for a scholarship until they have been accepted to Webster University, students who are interested in scholarships should apply for admission as early as possible. However, if you are interested in a scholarship, you can start with preparing the following information. If you have further questions, please contact the Scholarship Coordinator at email@example.com
Please be aware that most scholarships are for new students, starting at Webster University Vienna. We do have limited scholarships for already enrolled or current students as mentioned below.
A scholarship application should include:
- Submit your scholarship application form. Please be aware that your scholarship application will ONLY be looked at after you have been accepted (PROV or FULL) to Webster University before the Scholarship application deadline.
Supporting financial documentation and official English translations if necessary as required by the Webster University, Vienna Finance Office:
- Statement of Total NET earnings in EURO from both parents from the previous entire calendar year, issued by the employer (include tax returns for previous year if possible)
- Statement of one month Total NET earnings in EURO from both parents of the current calendar year issued and certified by the employer (include salary statement/pay slip if possible)
- On an attached sheet, please explain the financial circumstances that influenced your decision to seek financial aid in the form of scholarship assistance.
In an 800-1000 word narrative, respond to the given essay prompt in a clear, well-structured, and logically organized fashion. Your essay should demonstrate your creativity, your critical abilities, and your writing skills. You are expected to carry out this task on your own without any external assistance. The help of dictionaries and/or a thesaurus is certainly permitted. Please make sure to apply the grammar and spell-checker of your computer software.
Choose one of the following two essay topics:
I .Today there are many global problems requiring collaborative solutions—they may be in the area of ecology, finance, economy, education, etc. Identify one of the problems you care about and describe how you and your generation could contribute successfully to a possible solution.
II. Countries across the world compete for the best possible labor force. You are seeking an international education and on the basis of such an education you may be able to play a significant role in your chosen field later on. Discuss why countries want to attract the most talented young people and how you would like to contribute to the future development of your home-country.
- Your complete resume/curriculum vitae including a statement of your achievements, recognition, awards, community involvement etc. Please do not send certificates, awards, achievements etc since they are too lengthy to go through but make sure you list all of them on your resume.
WUV Scholarships for new students (Undergraduate or Graduate)
Webster University Vienna (WUV) recognizes that some students who would benefit from studying at the university are prevented from doing so due to limited financial resources. To this end, the university provides up to a maximum of five partial tuition scholarships per academic year (up to 50%). Students must be able to provide the other portion of tuition plus books and living expenses.
- Value: Up to 50% of tuition per year, renewable annually up to a total of 4 years.
- Eligibility: A newly accepted student must have a GPA of at least 3.0 and the appropriate English proficiency (no ESL classes).
- Conditions: Undergraduates must be enrolled full-time (24 credits/year); a GPA of 3.0 for renewal must be maintained.
WUV Scholarship for MA in Counseling Psychology (Graduate)
up to 2 scholarships are available for students who start their MA in Counseling Psychology this fall 2013.
- Value: 25% of tuition per year, renewable annually.
- Eligibility: A newly accepted student must have a GPA of at least 3.0 and the appropriate English proficiency.
- Conditions: graduate students must be enrolled in classes to receive the scholarship; a GPA of 3.0 for renewal must be maintained.
European Scholars Program at Webster University (Undergraduate students only)
The European Scholars Program at Webster University Vienna recognizes, supports, and develops academic excellence and performance in highly-motivated and gifted students (min. GPA of 3.5). This is accomplished by providing students with opportunities for a challenging curriculum throughout their time at Webster University. This merit based grant for new incoming students offers up to 33% of the annual Bachelor degree tuition fee. For more information about this program, please visit the European Scholars Program website.
Sponsored Scholarships for new students
These scholarships are made available to Webster University by the generosity of the following sponsors. Please, read each description carefully, as each sponsor indicates specific requirements for each award. Students must apply for these scholarships through the Admissions Office at Webster University, Vienna.
City of Vienna Division of Cultural Affairs Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
- Value: 1 scholarships of € 6,000 per year; renewable annually up to a total of 4 years; total value € 24,000 each.
- Eligibility: A newly accepted student who is an Austrian citizen holding an Austrian Matura; must have a GPA of at least 3.0 and the appropriate English proficiency (no ESL classes).
- Conditions: Must be enrolled full-time (24 credits/year) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal.
UPC Austria Scholarship for Undergraduate Students
- Value: € 15,000 per year; renewable annually up to a total of 4 years; total value: € 60,000.
- Eligibility: A meritorious newly accepted student with demonstrated financial need; preference will be given to students from countries where UPC Austria has vested interests (excluding Austria and the United States), must have a GPA of at least 3.0 and the appropriate English proficiency (no ESL classes).
- Conditions: Must be enrolled full-time (24 credits/year) and maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal.
Austrian Lotteries Scholarship for Graduate Students
- Value: € 5,000 per year; renewable for another year; total value: € 10,000.
- Eligibility: A newly accepted student who is an Austrian citizen and enrolls in a graduate MA or MBA program; must have a GPA of least 3.0.
- Conditions: Maintain a GPA of 3.0 for renewal.
Bank Gutmann Scholarship for Graduate Students
- Value: scholarship of € 4,470; one-time award; non-renewable.
- Eligibility: Newly accepted graduate students from Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Macedonia or the Czech Republic who enroll in a Master of Science in Finance or a Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance either full-time or part-time; must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Conditions: Maintain a GPA of 3.0.
Please consult your Scholarship Coordinator for more information, as not all scholarships are available in every award cycle.
Merit Awards for currently enrolled students (Undergraduate or Graduate)
Merit Award - Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research
Each year the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research awards merit to outstanding undergraduate and graduate Webster University Vienna students.
- Value: € 726.72 – 1,500 (depending on the number of awards); the award is based on academic excellence.
- Eligibility: Enrolled degree-seeking students with a min. GPA of at least 3.3 who have accumulated a min. of credit hours at Webster Vienna (Undergraduates 24 credits, Graduates 12 credits); must be an Austrian Citizen; citizens from other countries must have lived in Austria for the past five years and at least one of your parents must be a tax-payer in Austria or have refugee status according to the Geneva Convention.
Currently enrolled students can obtain additional information from the Mrs. Anna Ganovszky, Department Head, Alumni & Development Programs
Scholarships for currently enrolled students (Undergraduate or Graduate)
Webster University Vienna Work Study Scholarships
Work study scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, experience and overall suitability for the position. The university has a limited number of partial scholarships available whereby students receive partial tuition support in return for working as student assistants. Work Study positions in the library, computer laboratory, Student Affairs, the Academic Affairs Department or the Admissions Department offer students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience. The duration of such a position varies from five to ten terms, depending on the number of hours worked per term.
- Value: For 10 hours work per week at Webster University Vienna, students receive 50% tuition coverage (UG € 820, G € 967,50) for one 3 credit course per term. For 20 hours work per week at Webster University Vienna, students receive 100% tuition coverage (UG € 1.640, G € 1.935) for one 3 credit course per term. Students have to take classes in the terms they receive the work study scholarship, otherwise it does not apply.
- Eligibility: Currently enrolled degree-seeking students; min. GPA 3.0; relevant work experience is advantageous.
- Conditions: Scholarship recipients must maintain a GPA of 3.0 and perform satisfactory work in order to retain their scholarships.
Currently enrolled students can obtain additional information about the Work Study Scholarship from Mrs. Jutta Pedigo at the Student Affairs Office.
Webster University St. Louis Scholarship
LEIF J. SVERDRUP INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
Webster University St. Louis offers study awards to provide students from its European campuses the opportunity to study at the main campus for one or two terms.
- Value: Ranges from $1,250 to $2,500; depending on the length of the study experience; the award will be applied to the student's account in St. Louis and must be used for tuition.
- Eligibility: A current Webster Vienna student, awarded on the basis of academic excellence, recommendations, an essay and a curriculum vitae.
- Undergraduates: Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Graduates: No grade lower than B
- Conditions: Students who receive the award would be registered as full-time Vienna campus students but would be attending classes at the St. Louis campus.
Currently enrolled students can obtain additional information about the Leif J. Sverdrup International Scholarship from Mrs. Shannon Frank, Coordinator for University Scholarships in St. Louis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Webster World Traveler Program
Available to all undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students registered at any Webster University campus, the Webster World Traveler Program awards one round-trip coach-class ticket to qualified Webster University students from the student’s home campus to another eligible Webster international site. Students enrolled at one of Webster’s European campuses may travel to locations in the United States, Asia and South America (other European sites excluded).
Currently enrolled students can obtain additional information about the World Traveler Program from the Student Affairs Office.
|Scholarship_Application_form_ 2013.14_May.pdf||159.2 KB|