Annual Webster Vienna Alumni Symposium
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is a management concept whereby companies integrate social and environmental concerns into their business operations. The term often refers to ethical behaviors that go beyond simply obeying the laws and international norms and describes activities that work to positively impact communities, the environment, consumers, and employees.
This year’s symposium will address the question whether these activities are driven by an altruistic desire to give back to the community, or the simple need to maintain a positive image in light of increasing global competition and more socially and environmentally engaged consumers. A panel of experts on the topic from a variety of different sectors will address these questions and more.
18:00 Start of registration
18:30 Official welcome by KommR Margarete Kriz-Zwittkovits, President of the Österreichischer Gewerbeverein
18:35 Official welcome by Dr. Arthur Hirsh, Director Webster University & Stefano Cantini, President of the Vienna Alumni Chapter of Webster University
18:40 Keynote address by Mr. Lee A. Brudvig, Deputy Chief of Mission, US Embassy Vienna
18:50 Key Statements of all Panelists & Panel Discussion
20:15 Cocktail & Networking
- Mr. Lee A. Brudvig, Deputy Chief of Mission, US Embassy Vienna
- Ms. Doraja Eberle, Member of the Board, ERSTE Foundation
- Mag. Claudia Handl, Director Public Affairs, Pfizer Corporation Austria
- Mr. Thomas Lutz, MBA, Lead PR & Corporate Affairs, Company Spokesman, Microsoft Austria
- Dr. Elisabeth Menasse-Wiesbauer, Director, ZOOM Children's Museum
- Mag. Andreas Schneider, Managing Director, Sustainable Entrepreneurship Award
- Ms. Dorothea Wiplinger, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager, Strategy & Group Development, Borealis AG
- Dr. Eric Frey, Managing Editor, Der Standard
Austrian business community, Alumni, Students & Faculty Members of Webster University & other universities in Austria, members of various business associations such as the Österreichischer Gewerbeverein and Club Diplomatie.
Österreichischer Gewerbeverein, Akakiko Japanese Restaurant
Festsaal, 1st Floor
The Österreichischer Gewerbeverein für Industrie, Gewerbe, Handel und freie Berufe will be the host of the evening.
- Stefano Cantini, MA ’94, Managing Director, Karba Pack, President of the Alumni Association
- Angelica Vuzem-de La Rosa, BA ’85, Vuzem GmbH, Vice-President of the Alumni Association
- Rita Pollozhani, BA ’06, HR Business Partner, Erste Group, Vice-President of the Alumni Association
- Anna Ganovszky, MA ’10, Department Head, Alumni & Development Programs
- Lizabeth Strini-Brown, MA ’09, Alumni & Student Community Coordinator, Webster University