Housing in Vienna
Do you need housing in Vienna? Chances are, if you are coming from another country, you probably do. Because of this, the Student Affairs Coordinator at Webster University, Vienna is here to help you!
Your two options are:
- Applying for Webster Housing
- Finding your own Housing
New Webster Dormitory Close to the City Center
Residence Hall Am Augarten
Webster University Vienna’s new beautiful dormitory, Residence Hall Am Augarten on Heinestrasse, has a very central location in Vienna’s second district. It is only a ten minute walk from our new campus, Palais Wenkheim, and two subways stops away from Vienna’s city center.
All quarters at the Residence Hall Am Augarten are equipped comfortably. We provide (per person):
- a single bed
- bedside lamp
- desk with lamp
- pin board
In addition each room is equipped with:
- a microwave
- a refrigerator
- private bath
- unlimited internet connection
- Single rooms: €1,800/bed/8-week term
- Double rooms: €1,400/8-week term
The facility further disposes of a welcoming student lounge area, bike storage, laundry facilities and live-in Resident Assistants.
Webster University Vienna is relocating it's current residence hall to the new location (former Hotel Am Augarten) as of March 2014. In case of delay of this relocation, students will be accommodated at our current locations (Schuettaustrasse/Donaufeld) at the given rates.
Please note that Webster provided housing is only offered to students accepted and enrolled at Webster University Vienna
Let’s start by looking into Webster Housing: Webster University Vienna provides off-campus housing at a Studentenzentrum called “Donaufeld” in Vienna’s 21st District. * Donaufeld dorms are said to be comfortable as well as conveniently located approximately 35 minutes from the Webster campus by public transportation.
Each Room Includes:
- 2 Single Beds
- 2 Bedside Lamps
- 2 Desks
- 2 Closets
- 1 Refrigerator
- Internet Connection (costs are 5 Euros/person/month and not included in the rent)
- Security Intercom
- Double rooms only: €1,030/8-week term
* Please be aware that in some terms we may have more students than available rooms at Donaufeld. If we are not able to secure extra space at Donaufeld, you may be placed in a different housing facility. We will strive to provide a comparable facility, but the amenities may vary according to the location.
Aside from the facilities at Donaufeld Dorms Webster also offers limited premium housing options at Schuettaustrasse 64, in the 22nd district as of the Summer 2008 term. They are within walking distance to the campus.
There are single bedrooms in two bedroom apartments and double bedroom apartments in Schuettaustrasse.
They are fully equipped; each bedroom is lockable and includes:
- 1 Single bed including duvet and pillow
- 1 Bedside lamp
- 1 Desk with lamp and pin board
- 1 Closet
- Internet Connection (unlimited)
The rest of the apartment is shared space with the flat mate and includes:
- Fully equipped kitchen/dining area
- Cleaning supplies
- Washing machine
- Ironing board
- Drying rack
- Coat rack
- Double rooms: €1,420/8-week term
- Single rooms: €1,630/8-week term
The above listed rental fees for Donaufeld and Schuettaustrasse are per person per term (i.e. per 8-week term, not per semester) which covers all utilities and amenities. Students must pay on campus directly to the Finance Office. An invoice will be hand delivered to students by their Resident Assistant in week 2 or 3 of classes. Late charges will apply.
Please Note: Housing can only be reserved once a student has been admitted to Webster University Vienna and has signed and returned their housing contract with proof of payment of the €500 deposit. The signed housing contract and proof of payment should be emailed to
Ms. Jutta Pedigo at email@example.com.
Important Note: The deadlines for getting your contract and deposit in for following terms are:
- Summer 2013, April 5th
- Fall 1, 2013, June 7th
- Fall 2, 2013, September 13th
- Spring 1, 2014, December 6th
- Spring 2, 2014, January 31st
If you are in need of accommodation, please contact:
Ms. Jutta Pedigo
Student Affairs Coordinator
Webster University Vienna via
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 0043 1 269 92 93 41
Due to limited services in terms of accommodation/process of residency permit applications, Webster University would like to present following proposals from relocation companies designed especially for Webster students. Please contact them directly for further information and assistance with your transfer to Vienna. These relocation companies specialize in relocating, accommodation, visa issues etc...
Relocation Services Strohmayer GmbH
Contact person: Mrs Sandra König
Concorde Business Park 1/B5
2320 Schwechat, Austria
Tel. +43 1 70 621 70-10
Mobile +43 664 38 11 411
E.R.A. - Executive Relocations Austria
1080 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43 (0)699 1155 9324
Contact person: Mr. Michael Gutiérrez,
Please be aware that Webster University is not affiliated with any relocation company and cannot be held liable for any information or services provided by them.
Finding your own Housing in Vienna
If our dorms are full, or you would prefer to look for accommodation on your own, we have compiled a list of recommended housing options in Vienna.
Do not underestimate the process of finding an apartment in Vienna -- start informing yourself about the housing market early on, and come prepared to pay large deposits. Not many apartments are privately rented, which means you should expect to pay a real estate agent's fee of 2-3 months' rent (not a deposit, just the agent's fee).
In addition, most apartment contracts require 2-3 months' rent as a deposit. In most cases you will also have to pay an "Ablöse" in order to buy furniture or appliances which are already in the apartment (amount varies depending on what is furnished).
For more information about finding your own housing in Vienna:
- The Student Support Service - The Webster Student Support Service was founded by students who themselves experienced the challenge of moving to another city and all the difficulties that are involved: finding an apartment, getting a new bank account, a phone contract and internet as well as organizing their leisure time such as finding a gym or good restaurants and organizing travels and enjoying cultural activities. The Student Support Service helps students with all those challenges in order to make them feel at home in Vienna as fast and safe as possible. By representing the Webster University as a whole, the Student Support Service managed to get various well-known companies in a big variety of fields as partners. These partners grant discounts and special offers exclusively to Webster students and Webster alumni. For more information about the Student Support Service and our offers, deals and partners please follow the link above.
Dr. Riess Apartments Vienna - We offer about 80 fully & modern furnished serviced apartments in Vienna. Available categories: 30m² Studio Apartment, 40m² Double Apartment, 60m² Comfort Apartment, 80m² Comfort Family Apartment and 100-125m² Attic Apartment Since 2012 we also offer a 180m² luxury apartment close to city center (Servitenviertel, Schlickgasse) Our apartments can be flexibly booked for long and short term rentals.
Contact: E-Mail email@example.com, Tel. +43 1 402 57 01
Studentenheim Auge Gottes: -86 dormitory rooms, -in 15 minutes to the center of Vienna and to almost all of the universities and universities of applied sciences in Vienna, -Single and double bedrooms, fully furnished, shower, toilet and Internet access, -Parking spaces for bicycles, garden and roof terrace.
Studentenheim Auge Gottes, Nußdorfer Straße 75, 1090 Wien, T. +43-1-319 44 88 100, F. +43-1-319 44 88 200, . firstname.lastname@example.org.
Milestone is more than a building with 429 Apartments, but it aims at establishing a culture that is tantamount to a quality life style, supports the students on their way to adulthood, whilst providing the setting and frame for them to experience an unforgettable student life.
IG Immobilien - Home away from home! 26 elegantly furnished apartments with Concierge Service, sized 31 m² - 59 m² (100 sq feet - 196 sq feet), can be rented over short- or long-term at Boarding House OrchideenPark, the exclusive residential estate in Vienna's finest district.
Modern spa and fitness equipment, an outdoor pool, a High-Tech Business Corner with functional office and internet infrastructure, excellent access to public transportation and highly attractive apartment rates... this is a compelling alternative to a traditional hotel stay.
- Virtual Vienna – a website specifically for English-speaking expats in Vienna. This is the first place you should look for information on housing rates, neighborhoods, listings, etc. Specific pages of interest include:
- Virtual Vienna Classifieds
- Viennaresidence, manage modern furnished Serviced Apartments in Vienna, also in luxury category. Our apartments are perfect for long and short term rentals. You can visit our homepage on http://www.viennaresidence.com.
- Virtual Vienna Rental Terms Dictionary
IG Immobilien: Campus Lodge - The modern apartment house project "Campus Lodge" will be placed in Vienna's second district, in Josef-Fritsch-Weg 1-5, next to the underground station U2 "Stadion", not far away from the leisure time facilities of famous Prater. A further advantage is the adjacency to the new University of Economics and Business. The project mainly targets students and members of university staff, as well as people who simply like Vienna's second district. Short and long term rental are possible - in prime location in "Leopoldstadt" ( 2. District) The kick-off of this architecturally impressive apartment building will still be in 2011. Campus Lodge is the first residential house which is certified by ÖGNI for sustainable building.
Start of construction: January 2012 / completion: Autumn 2013
If you are interested, please send us an email with your request: info@campuslodge.
http://www.govienna.net - newly renovated vacation apartments in a central location in Vienna. The rental apartments are all fully furnished - including towels and bed covers.
ARWAG Wohnen & Arbeiten Many of our students have found accommodation in the building “Hochhaus Neue Donau” for the duration of their studies. These are private apartments. As with SEG, Webster is not affiliated with ARWAG or responsible for students reserving housing there. For more information please contact: ARWAG Holding AG - Tel. + 43 1 797 00-0.
Odyssey is an accommodation and travel agency that will help you find rooms or apartments in private homes for a stay of three days or up to one year. The agency charges 25-150% commission + 20% VAT from the first month’s rent depending on the length of the contract. Tel. + 43 1 402 60 61 or Fax: ext. 11
Apartment Keeper Association of Vienna
All apartments and accommodations you find on this site are visited, controlled and categorized by authorized officials. They are all classified properties under the criteria of the Federal Association of the Apartment Keeper Organizations in Austria
- Hotels - A comprehensive listing of hotels, pensions, youth hostels and camping facilities is available from the Central Information Office in the Opern Passage (the underground pass to Kärtnerstrasse on the Opera side) or check www.info.wien.at.
- The Immigration Endowment Fond, was founded in Vienna, Austria by the Socialist Party in 1972. The goal of this fond is to help immigrants facilitate their move to Austria and settle down without the additional bureaucracy. The fond is proud to be able to offer over 2600 furnished apartments in all of Vienna’s districts.
- Studentenheim Gasometer
For more information, please contact Student Affairs:
Please note that Webster provided housing is only offered to students accepted and enrolled at Webster University Vienna
Webster University, Vienna
Student Affairs, 1st Floor
Berchtoldgasse 1, 1220 Vienna, Austria
Mrs. Jutta Pedigo, Student Affairs Coordinator
Phone: +43 1 269 9293 0
Fax: + 43 1 269 9293 13