Starting Fall 2024!
Learn Multiple Aspects of the Computer Industry With a WVPU Software Engineering Degree
The Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Software Engineering at Webster Vienna helps students develop a strong and comprehensive foundation in various programming and coding paradigms and languages, including theoretical and practical hands-on approaches. Computer science, data analysis, program and system verification, usability, modeling and project management are all included in the BSc degree.
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate a mastery of computer science in the core knowledge areas of software development, algorithms and data structures, computer organization, hardware and architecture, and data and information management.
- Apply knowledge of computer science to solve complex and unpredictable problems.
- Describe how technological advances impact social issues and professional practice.
- Write and orally communicate technical material effectively and professionally.
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical aspects along the data – information – knowledge process chain, including decision support systems.
- Demonstrate ability to implement fundamental concepts in software paradigms, including object-oriented software design and software architectures, as well as database design.
- Work as an individual and as part of a team to develop and manage software development projects, and demonstrate the essential techniques for quality assurance and maintenance of software.
General Information about the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering curriculum is organized into 10 modules, a practicum and a thesis. The 10 modules include the Common Core Module (54 ECTS), four Foundation Modules (60 ECTS), five Advanced Modules (104 ECTS), a practicum (8 ECTS), and a thesis (8 ECTS). To satisfy the remaining 6 ECTS of the Electives Module, students can select any course the University offers or apply transfer credits. Full-time students working toward the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering will usually carry a course load of 30 ECTS per semester.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering program possess an in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of software engineering and can perform related tasks at a high professional level. They are qualified professionally to begin their careers, and possess the scholarly foundation necessary to pursue an advanced degree. The program’s graduates can expect to go on to well-paid, successful careers in a wide range of organizations or corporations.