The Student Resource Center (SRC) is the hub of extracurricular activities and resources for living in Austria. The SRC is responsible for the Webster Vienna LEADS program, student events and helping students get more involved in clubs and on-campus activities.
The Student Resource Center provides:
- Residence permit assistance
- New student orientation
- Community-building events
- Life skills workshops
- Assistance with administrative processes in Austria, like signing up for health insurance and registering your address
- and more
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Living in Austria
The SRC supports and connects students with the resources they need during their studies.
Student Resource Center Services
Webster Vienna students have the opportunity to explore and study at other campuses in Europe and around the world. Students can choose among the Webster Worldwide Network opportunities or Erasmus+ partners.
For any current WVPU student who wishes to know more about study abroad opportunities and programs, please reach out to the SRC at email@example.com
Erasmus+ is the EU's program to support educational mobility for studying and training in Europe. Students can spend up to 12 months studying at a partner institution or for a traineeship. Participants are eligible for financial support to cover relocation expenses.
All WVPU degree seeking students are eligible to participate in the activities supported by the Erasmus+ program.
Apply by April 15 for student and traineeship mobility in Fall, and by Oct. 1 for Spring.
Learn more about requirements and conditions.
- ECHE (PDF) — Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2021–2027
- Erasmus Policy Statement (PDF)
Erasmus+ Student Charter — highlights your rights and obligations and tells you what you can expect from your sending and receiving organisations at each step of your Erasmus+ experience.
A student ID is required when checking out books from the library, accessing the computer lab, signing up for a certificate of enrollment, and entering certain parts of the campus (see our campus access policy). Students may also need informal proof that they’re a student in Vienna to qualify for student discounts or for the student metro ticket. Preparation of the cards will begin after registration has ended. Be aware that ID cards expire every semester. The expiration date can be extended at the reception desk at the beginning of each semester.
To get your ID card, please ask at the front desk — they will take your picture and provide you with the card once it is issued.
The Certificate of Enrollment is an official document stating that you are an active student for the current term and is therefore a confirmation of your attendance.
The following documents (two originals of each) will be available on the first day of classes for both graduate and undergraduate students, as well as incoming students in Term 2:
- Student data protocol (Studeinblatt)
- Proof of performance (Sammelzeugnis)
- Certificate of Enrollment (Inskriptionsbestätigung)
One document package will be produced for each registered student and can be picked up at the front desk against a signature as of the first day of the semester according to the academic calendars published on our website. Students on financial or admissions holds will not be permitted to pick-up their documents.
Reasons you might need a Certificate of Enrollment:
- Insurance Semester's
- Transportation pass
- Visa renewal
- Anywhere you need official proof that you are an enrolled student
Here is information on how to get your student semester tickets from Wiener Linien (Vienna Lines) for the Vienna public transportation system.
Cost: 75 euros
- You must be a degree seeking student at Webster University
- You cannot be older than 26 years of age
Where you need to go:
Wiener Linien GmbH & Co KG
Erdbergstrasse 202, 1031 Vienna
(U3 station Erdberg)
- Application for the Wiener "Linien Semesterkarte"
- Certificate of enrollment (apply at the reception in week 1 of the term; it will be available in week 3 at the earliest)
- Valid Webster University Vienna student ID card with the semester sticker
- Residence Registration or "Meldebestätigung" (formerly called "Meldezettel")
- If your parents receive the Austrian "Kinderbeihilfe" for you, then you must also submit the valid "Familienbeihilfebescheid"
Take all the aforementioned documents, complete them and take them to the above listed address and fill out the semester ticket form.
Semester tickets last from Sept. 1 to Feb. 1 and Feb. 2 to June 1.
For more information please go to Wiener Linien.
Webster LEADS is an on-going application of scholarship and practical leadership experience empowering our diverse student population to develop and excel as global citizens. Through a collaborative process between our students, staff, faculty, and the communities where we live and serve, we prepare our students with the knowledge, education and development to assume leadership on campus, in society, and in the global workforce.
How does Webster LEADS work?
There are 5 main components which leaders must complete and choose their favorite two to repeat.
- Leadership course: EDUC 2750: Student Leadership Development (3 credits)
- Leadership Retreats: Local and European retreats to hone our skills
- Professional Development Workshops (5): Offered regularly by the Career Development Center or Student Services
- Service Learning Project: 40 hours of volunteering for community projects, at Webster or in the broader community
- Practical Leadership Experience (3 semesters): Leading a club, organizing events, being an officer of the Student Government, holding a Work Study Scholarship (subject to approval), serving as NSO leader
For more information, please contact:
Student Resource Center Officer
Tel.: +43 1 269 92 93-4355
Webster Vienna Private University
WVPU is pleased to offer our students, staff, faculty and alumni the benefits of our partnerships with local businesses. Present your Webster ID at our partners to get your Webster Vienna Advantage.
Professional maintenance service for Windows, Mac and all mobile phones
20% off for Webster Vienna students and employees
Favoritenstrasse 76, 1100 Vienna
10% discount during “lunch” (Praterstrasse location only)
Praterstrasse 24-26, 1020 Wien
30% Wellness/Spa treatment, Family and Friends 20%. Day passes €25 instead of €36!
2 for 1 Fitness/Spa membership! Service menu details
Praterstrasse 1, 1020 Wien
Mozaik Cafe & Restaurant
-10% for all Webster Students ... Including Delivery
Event Room available for rent!
Stuwerstrasse 22, 1020 Wien
Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurant!
Free beverage with a meal (courtesy of the Student Government Association).
Fleischmarkt 16, 1010
Hard Rock Cafe
Group/Private Event Discounts!
Rotenturmstraße 25, 1010
Crime Runners/Escape Room
Maria-Theresien-Str. 3/1a 1090
Pharmacy Zum Guten Hirten
10% off purchase (cash only)
Praterstrasse 32, 1020
Courtesy of the Student Goverment Association:
Unique Tours around Vienna
Tours tailored to group interest/request
15% discount with a special Webster Code — read more in our Intranet page
Vienna International Jiu Jitsu Club
Jiu Jitsu, Self Defense Classes, Martial Arts
First 2 Sessions for free, first 2 months for the price of 1 (30 Euros)
Shumeikan Dojo, Salesianergasse 2, 1030 Vienna
Bouquets, Flower Boxes, Events Decor
- 10% on your order and free delivery on orders above 50 Euro
Rennweg 21, 1030 Vienna
Car Rental and Shuttle Services
- 10% for Webster Students
Muthgasse 36, 1636, 1190 Vienna
Brunch Place and Restaurant
- 10% for Webster Students, Mon-Fri
Uraniastraße 1, 1010 Wien
Coffee and Snacks
- 10% for Webster Students
Praterstrasse 25, 1020 Wien
These policies and procedures apply to Webster University students enrolled at the Vienna Campus. Webster University Student Policies have been written to help guide the behavior of students as members of the University community. Some of the policies may also apply at a global level with the other extended campuses. These and all student polices are included in the WU Student Handbook.
- Staff Directory
- Academic Policies
- Alcohol Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Conduct and Grievance Procedures
- Computer Technologies Authorized Use Policy
- Guidance: Sexual Harassment - Definitions, consequences, responsibilities
- New Student Agreement
- Smoking Policy
- Student Access Policy
- Student Locker Policy
- WU Student Handbook
Support (from Webster St. Louis)
Connect with Us
Renowned Neurobiologist Semir Zeki Lectures at Webster Vienna about Neuroaesthetics
March 4, 2023
Webster Vienna’s Quality Education Earns Austrian Reaccreditation
January 26, 2023
Webster Vienna Student Presents Research at Colorado Conference
January 18, 2023