Access the Resources and Systems You Need to Succeed
At Webster Vienna, we’re committed to delivering high-quality, transformative learning experiences, which is why we have offices and departments dedicated to providing personal and academic services to our students.
Finding the information you need, when you need it, can smooth the path from application to graduation and improve your whole university experience.
Our Student Services
Our team in the Career Services are here to accompany you on your journey to a successful career, and fully benefit from your Webster experience.
We use many tools to help you successfully compete in the job market including, among others, individual career coaching, access to career lunches and workshops, connections to job and internship opportunities, and information and links to job search resources.
In order to best serve your interests, we cooperate with the online platform JobTeaser, a specially dedicated career service for students and the companies that want to hire them.
Once you are registered, you can access the following services:
- Search career and internship offers provided by Webster Vienna partner organizations.
- Search job and internship offers of the whole JobTeaser network.
- Schedule individual career coaching sessions.
- Sign up to attend career events, organized by WVPU and partner organizations.
- Receive career and CV writing tips through newsletters and webinars.
Personal counseling services are offered free of charge at Webster Vienna and are open to all students, staff, faculty, alumni and their families. The service provides a safe and confidential environment to discuss personal issues.
The service can also help you find adequate outside resources and provide information on psychological issues. Client confidentiality is always a priority for counseling services. We understand that privacy is essential to the success of your counseling experience.
Such accommodations are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Students are highly encouraged to begin the process to receive accommodations as soon as possible. Please contact Learning Support Services for any questions.
Receiving Academic Accommodations
Students who wish to apply for academic accommodations must follow these steps:
- Initial Contact: Students are to request accommodations by contacting the Learning Support Services. In order to expedite the process, students are highly encouraged to include details of their relevant medical history in this initial message.
- Documentation: After the initial contact, there are two alternative paths the student may take:
- Provide documentation of an official diagnosis by a qualified medical, psychological, or psychiatric professional. Students must complete the Request for Academic Accommodations form and submit it alongside all official documentation. Any official documentation must either be in English or translated into English through an official translator.
- Seek a professional assessment if the student does not have a documented diagnosis.
The student can schedule an appointment with a qualified medical, psychological, or
psychiatric professional off-campus. If you need any recommendations of professionals
in Vienna, please contact Learning Support Services.
***Please note that the student must cover the cost for the professional assessment.
- Eligibility Evaluation: The Learning Support Services and the Reeg Academic Resource Center (ARC) at the St. Louis campus will review the documentation provided. The Learning Support Services will then write and submit a formal recommendation to the Vienna campus director for approval.
- Notification Process: The Learning Support Services inform the student if their application for academic
accommodations was approved. If the student receives academic accommodations, they
- Complete the “Release of Information Form.”
- Inform their instructors when they wishes to use the academic accommodations. After receiving the completed “Release of Information Form,” the Learning Support Services will contact the student’s academic advisor and instructors of their approved academic accommodations. However, the student retains the right to choose whether and when they wishes to utilize them.
Please contact Learning Support Services for any questions, concerns or feedback.
Webster Vienna Private University's intensive English and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Exam Preparation Course develops the advanced academic English skills and confidence students need to succeed in academia, pass the IELTS exam for admission to Webster Vienna Private University's degree programs or enter the workforce.
The course takes one to four semesters to improve mastery of English and learn advanced English for Academic Purposes (EAP) fundamentals, such as academic writing, active listening, critical thinking, presentation and research skills.
Why You Should Study With Us
- Achieve confident and accurate speaking, reading, writing and comprehension of English at an advanced level.
- Analyze, research and present information on an academic topic in preparation for academic study.
- Produce written work on academic topics using correct grammar, appropriate language, creative language when necessary, and correct referencing in APA style.
- Present effectively using reading or listening materials and achieve your goals.
How We Support You
Upon arrival in the beautiful, historic city of Vienna, you will be greeted by a member of our team and given an assessment to ensure you are placed in the right program.
Our professional and motivated faculty will then ensure that you reach your goal and take the next step in your studies or career.
Our support services include one-on-one tutoring in the Language Center, a Student Resource Center, Counseling Services, Career Services and our Student Government Association, which organizes a variety of social activities, parties and extracurricular events to help you enjoy your time with us.
Do You Need to Pass the IELTS Exam for Study or Immigration?
Our program is taught by experienced, dedicated faculty using state-of-the-art instructional materials in both face-to-face and online courses. Webster Vienna Private University works with the British Council Austria to help students achieve their goal of passing the IELTS exam and realize their dream of higher study, international immigration or their dream job.
Students who wish to complete the above preparation program do so with the intention of qualifying for and starting a full bachelor’s or master’s degree program. Students must therefore submit and complete a regular online admissions application and submit their academic transcripts, original applicant essay, English language test scores (information on current level of English), valid passport copy and recommendation letter. Discover more details on application deadlines, steps and required documents.
For questions or more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition fee for one semester (excluding miscellaneous fees): 6250 euros flat-fee
Tuition fee for one academic year (excluding miscellaneous fees): 12500 euros flat-fee
At the beginning of each semester all students registered for courses during that semester will receive a documentation package, including Certificate of Enrollment, “Studienblatt” and Proof of Performance. There are no charges for this package as this is included in the tuition.
Graduating students requesting a Graduation Attestation document will receive it free of charge. Graduation Attestation, WVPU diploma and WVPU diploma supplement are included in the graduation fee.
If a student needs any of the above documents issued again, they can request it using the request form. Copies of the official documents will be issued against a fee, as per the list below:
Price List for Documents
|Type of Document||Fee|
|Proof of performance (copy)||25 euros|
|Graduation attestation (copy)||25 euros|
|Diploma (copy)||50 euros|
|Diploma supplement||50 euros|
|Verification of copies||25 euros|
Please submit your request via email to Petra Bocus-Thurn or in person at the front desk and make the payment to the below bank account. Upon receipt of payment and having made sure that there is no hold on your student account, we will then issue the requested document.
Requests for official transcripts should be sent to the Office of Registrar at the main campus in St. Louis.
The Commencement Ceremony 2023 for the class of 2022 will take place on Saturday, May 13, 2023.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Academic Support Services
With a variety of courses and degree options to choose from, planning your academic future can be a challenge. To help you get the most out of your degree, an academic advisor will provide guidance throughout your entire program of study. Your academic advisor will be able to assist you with degree planning, registration, course selection, the thesis process and can direct you to the right resource for any additional inquiries.
Please keep in mind that your academic advisor will NOT be able to help you with the following non-academic concerns:
- Financial matters: please contact Anna Gallistl .
- Transcripts for transfer credits (both graduate and undergraduate) from other institutions must be processed through the Admissions Department.
- Certificates of Enrollment along with other official WVPU documents (can be collected at the front desk), please see above under "Official Document" how to request your certificates.
- Questions regarding visas (initial application and renewals), health insurance, study abroad and housing should be directed to the Student Resource Center.
- For questions concerning your professional development: please see Career Services or your faculty mentor.
- For issues of a personal nature: please see Counseling Services (see information above).
- For special academic accommodations: please contact Learning Support Services (see information above).
- To audit a class, please review our policy and complete your registration form.
Course Registration (opens in Connections)
Registration Weeks and Add/Drop and Withdrawal Deadlines
Information, forms and guidelines for your undergraduate or graduate thesis can be found in our Connections portal:
- Business and Management Department: Graduate and Undergraduate
- International Relations Department: Graduate and Undergraduate
- Psychology Department: Graduate and Undergraduate
- Media Communications Department: Senior Thesis and Portfolio Review
In addition to an academic advisor, all of our students have a faculty mentor. As an expert in your chosen field of study, your faculty advisor can help you with career and further education planning, as well as with any questions relating to your research or academic direction. Students should meet with their faculty mentors at least once a semester.
As a student, you have access to:
- 15,000 books.
- Over 200 databases including all major academic journals.
- Document delivery service.
- Over 200,000 e-books.
- International English Language news magazines.
- 14 computer stations.
- Three project rooms for group work.
- One printer/copier/scanner for student use.
- Private study carrels and comfortable benches.
- Wireless internet access throughout the whole building.
- Personal attention, reference services and research consultations.
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 to 20:30
Friday: 10:00 to 17:00
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays. Hours may vary when classes are not session.
For more information please check our Connections site or contact:
Mr. Benjamin Fasching-Gray
Phone: +43 1 269 9293 4323
Textbooks and other printed materials required for Webster Vienna coursework are complementary with tuition. To collect these materials, students have to come to the Textbook Service located on the 4th floor.
Please bring your student card, the course name, and number as well as the name of the course instructor to help us make sure you get the right books. We remind students to pick up their textbooks no later than the end of week 2 of each term.
If students drop a class, they must return the material they collected in new condition within the drop period, otherwise, their accounts will be charged with the actual costs of the books. If students withdraw after the drop period, they may keep the textbooks.
Textbooks for Online Courses
For online courses, students need to order books from a bookstore.
To find out which book(s) you need for your course, visit the official St. Louis bookstore. For more support with online classes and materials, please contact the online learning center.
However, to order the book(s), we highly recommend that you chose a European bookseller (e.g. Facultas or Kuppitsch in Austria, or whichever bookstore works with the university in your country). An order from the US will take much longer to arrive and cost you extra because of shipping and customs.
To request reimbursement of expenditures made for textbooks in an online course, please submit the completed form to your advisor for approval after the add/drop period is over.
The Language Center offers free support in English for Academic Purposes (EAP) for students of Webster Vienna Private University and prospective students who have successfully enrolled in our in-house English Language Preparation Program. Our goal is to assist you in becoming an independent, competent, and critical language user in your academic, professional, and personal life.
WVPU's Language Center provides individual and small-group tutoring sessions, in which our tutors are happy to assist with all things EAP — from reading comprehension to critical thinking, from general grammar to the presentation skills, from compiling CVs to preparing for job interviews, and from the first draft to the final revision of a university assignment.
In addition to tutoring, the Language Center also hosts regular EAP workshops and offers language proficiency test preparation (IELTS exam).
Our English Language Preparation Program specifically provides guidance and instruction for prospective students who seek support in improving their English language skills in order to be able to enroll at Webster Vienna Private University, following successful completion of the IELTS exam to meet English language requirements.
WVPU's Language Center is a registered IELTS examination partner with the British Council, Austria. IELTS exams are administered on site, at our campus on Praterstraße 23, 1020, providing students with the advantage of studying and passing their IELTS exam directly at our campus.
For any questions, please e-mail the Language Center. To book tutoring sessions, check our availabilities on SuperSaas, or email us.
We look forward to welcoming you at the Language Center!
Language Center Staff
Language Center Coordinator
English for Academic Purposes Instructor, Language Center Tutor
English for Academic Purposes Instructor, Language Center Tutor
Language Center Tutor
We don't want to leave Webster Vienna students hanging when they hit a snag in their math or stats courses, and that's why the Methods and Quant Center exists. So, if you need help, you're not alone! Students seeking mathematics or statistics guidance may approach any of the faculty members part of the Methods and Quant Center.
The method of instruction may be affected by regulations put in place in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic (e.g. meetings may take place via Zoom).
What To Expect
You can approach a Methods and Quant Center faculty member if you:
- are having trouble understanding a math or statistics assignment.
- are looking for guidance or study tips for an upcoming math or statistics exam.
- have a math or statistics question related to your thesis project or research. (See "Areas of Expertise" in the table below)
See the full list of Faculty members and their expertise in the Connections site.
The Language Center
Our Language Center is dedicated to the development of linguistic proficiency and literacy in academic, professional and personal contexts.
It supports students at each stage of their language and academic literacy development, enabling them to become independent, competent and critical language users.
Founded in 1915, Webster University is committed to ensuring high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence. Prepare for your next step and explore our community resources.
Student Services Highlights
Renowned Neurobiologist Semir Zeki Lectures at Webster Vienna about Neuroaesthetics
March 4, 2023
Webster Vienna’s Quality Education Earns Austrian Reaccreditation
January 26, 2023
Webster Vienna Student Presents Research at Colorado Conference
January 18, 2023